A mile by mile guide to the Mountain Course
Click on the links and you will get information about all of the significant locations around the course. How to get there, where to park, whether there is food available and more….
Some TIPS for Paramedics and Doctors on the TT Course
- You will be provided with a MEDICAL pass, and a lanyard and pouch to keep it in. Make sure that you have it with you. It is what gives you authority to be on the closed road.
- Race days can be long so be prepared. Take food and drink etc. with you.
- The ISLE OF MAN is not renowned for it’s weather! Take extra layers and waterproof clothing with you.
- In some parts of the course the ground can be rough so make sure you have appropriate footwear.
- If you have a mobile phone that works on the Isle of Man, make sure you take it with you on the course, so that you can phone in to let the Medical Control know you have arrived at your location. It also means that we can get in touch with you if we need to, and that we can keep you updated via the Group SMS system that we operate. We do appreciate that mobile phone signals can be a bit variable in certain parts of the course.
- Midges can be a problem, especially during evening practices, and particularly from GREEBA around to SARAH’S COTTAGE so insect repellant is a good idea.
- The roads can be busy so make sure you leave plenty of time to get to your location.
- For Paramedics and Doctors on duty over the mountain, make sure you know the timing of the Marshals’ and Medics’ convoys that leave after roads close.
- We want you to have a good day on the course (after all, we want you to come back again!) so if you have any questions just ask us.
Thanks to the following for allowing use of their images
Frank Shuengel of www.amadeusphotography.com
Jon Wornham of www.island-images.uk
Peter Killey of www.manxscenes.com
Tony Goldsmith of www.tgfphotos.com
Jon and Jo Spencer jnjspencertravels.com
A.G.Lloyd-Jones, ‘Bebopalieuday’, Andy Stevenson, Gregory J Kingsley, Mark Walker, Andrew Abbott and ‘Hedge Skimmer’ who have allowed sharing of their images under a Creative Commons License
A lot of the information presented on the pages here has been gathered by ‘Silja’ (see TT Forum)